This is the list of sites and people behind them from whom I read regularly.
Some I read for their thoughtful, provoking insight into things that interest me. Some are purely of entertainment value.
This list is always evolving.
People & Blogs
- Paul Graham: founder of HN, co-founder of Y-Combinator. He knows a thing or two about start-ups. I especially enjoy the essays.
- Penelope Trunk: founder of Brazen Careerist. A very candid take on where personal life and entrepreneurship intersect.
- Andrew Warner: founder of Mixergy – where ambitious upstarts mix. Engaging interviews with successful entrepreneurs, himself quite the success.
- Get Rich Slowly: founded by J.D. Personal finance that makes cents.
- Derek Sivers: writer and founder of CDBaby. Surprisingly insightful!
- Freakonomics: started by Stephen Dubner and Steven Levitt. A fantastic new look on today’s economics.
Daily News Fix
- Oursignal: all the big stories on the web (digg+reddit+delicious+HN) in one place. No fluff. Just the links. It’s organized and constantly updated.
- Huffington Post: a lot of stuff, from around the globe. Constantly updated.
- 1001 Quotes, Illustrations, and Humorous Stories for preachers, teachers and writers by Edward K. Rowell (ISBN: 9780801071614)
- “Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it” by Winston Churchill